gooner

Hi Suzanne - as I said ... my System Language is UK .. it is my "document"
language that opens in US.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm. Note that
English (UK) must be set as the default language for Word, but it won't
"take" if the system language is different.

"How do I change the language US to UK" How do I change the language US to
wrote in message
I have read a previous post on this question from a "sagura" and I believe
the answers are red herrings ... My installation is relatively new and

when I
save my normal.dot to an XML file as stated in these posts it is blank. I
don't have any strange key settings... the system information tells me

that
the system language is UK but the language is US. As soon as I open a new
document it says English(US) at the bottom. Position 1 in the document is
always English(US) no matter how many times I change the rest of the
document. Does OFFICE 2003 SP1 repair this ... or is this information

found
in a registry key that can be changed? I see that my Outlook is also
English(US) .. how do I change that .. . although the word problem is my
priority.