Bruce the Word Questioner

Default Menu, .Dot, Startup directory, etc

My office has gone to Windows XP, but are still on Office 2000. We have a
..Dot in our Startup directory which, in previous versions of Windows, added a
menu (called "Templates") on the end of the standard menu (after the Help
menu). However, if we install Adobe Pagemaker, it wants to add a menu too,
but it overwrites our Templates menu. The Pagemaker .dot that does their
menu is in a different location (in the profile directory) to our Templates
menu. Our Templates .dot is in the Startup directory specified in
Word-Tools-Option-File Locations-Startup, so why doesn't it take precedence
over the Pagemaker one?