Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter A Peter A is offline

Default Formatting problems - headers

In article ,
says...
I have a document where by I have headers. I have one header where by the
formatting carries over to the subsequent page. The header is shaded and the
shading also appears on the previous page. If I delete the page break on the
doesn't show.

When I look at the formatting all the other headers are preceded by a small
square. This is obviously some indicator that I'm not familiar with.

I didn't create this document and not very familiar with it. It is in a
columnar format.

Do you mean headers or headings?

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers