Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

Default How To Find A Macro -- Word 2007

You may be right, but that doesn't answer my question of how to find out
whether a document has an unwanted macro in it.

Does anybody out there know how to tell whether there's a macro in a
document or know where to find it?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Your users should not be opening the templates. Rather, they should be
using FileNew and then selecting the appropriate template as the basis for
the document that they want to create.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Jerry" wrote in message
Our company has several hundred controlled forms that are saved as
protected
templates on a server.

Recently, we've had many cases of people trying to open these templates
and
getting error messages about macros (Do you want to enable?) even though
there shouldn't be any macros in the forms that are giving the errors.

I know very little (read "less than nothing") about macros. How do you
find
and disable an unwanted macro in a document? Where do they hide?

I don't know if it matters, but all of the forms that give these errors
have
been recently revised. Our document control department has migrated from
Office 2003 to Office 2007 recently, but since most of the company is
still
using 2003, we're saving everything in the older formats. All the
documents
have the *.dot extension -- not the *.dotm extension.

Thanks for your help.

Jerry