Mary Sasiela

Default drop-down form fields

Anne thx. But that can't work. This is a huge global company. They won't
buy into having to ship a form document and it's supporting text document
just to get a text string inserted.

So ... I need to find another solution. Maybe I'm just SOL.

Mary

"Anne Troy" wrote:

I think what Graham is trying to tell you is that you MUST do it this way.
Those files are just another method of storing the text you want to use, and
I imagine that the drop-down is working like a "menu" more so than it
providing the actual text that's being inserted. Maybe that'll get you
going.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Mary Sasiela" wrote in message
OK, I'm having a hard time.

I've pasted the code into the Macro window & saved it. What I don't
understand is where to put the conditional field

What I want is:
- in a drop down to have a long string 50 characters & it needs to
display &
- when selected, simply inserts that string into the cell of the table.

So ... if the string is:
Company & Company Long Text & More Long Text

- the & appear in the drop down but (1) the string is too long and (2) the
&s do not appear in the text.

Graham - is this what your website is telling me to try? I don't want
files
inserted - just text.

Help!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm

Mary Sasiela wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply!

So ... if I use the word "and", that's fine but my text length in the
field is restricted. My text exceeds 50 characters. Any tricks up
your sleeve??? Pleeeezzze??

And thx. again!

"Anne Troy" wrote:

A known issue, Mary. No workaround is provided.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=125892
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Mary Sasiela" wrote in
message ...
I need to have the following text in a drop-down field in Word 2000:

Text & Text

If I place &&& in between the 2 words, it displays correctly in the
drop-down. But once the user selects this one, the & is dropped
altogether.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thx. in advance.

Mary