Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

Default Updating all fields within a document

It doesn't sound like the fields are actually coming across when you copy and
paste. Can you right click any field and choose to Update it?

Can you show the field codes by going to Tools | Options | View Tab and
selecting Field Codes?

"RN" wrote:

Word 2007 under Windows XP
1) I need to cut and paste in a section from one document into another.
After this is done I would like an easy way to update all fields. I used to
do select all, F9 but that does not work.

2) I have tried to use Word 2007 to search for fields (^d) but it finds
none. I have a lot of cross references used for figure number and sections
of document that refere to other sections. Having to manually find and
update each one is slow.

3) Additionally if I go select all, right click and select toggle fields it
works only once. It will not toggle them again. You have to each one by
one.