Jezebel

You'd make life easier for yourself if you just followed the instructions
that have already been given. File Page Setup Layout tab. Check the
'Different first page' checkbox. You want the graphic attached to the First
Page Header (or footer), as Daiya mentioned in the first post.

Graphics do not follow the margins. They will be cropped according to the
printer's minimum margins, if any.

If the graphic is anchored to the header or footer it can't be deleted
accidentally. (Unless you're deleting paragraphs in the header or footer!)
Every graphic is anchored to a paragraphs *somewhere* on the page. If you
delete the anchor paragraph you delete the graphic also.

But mainly, stop being so bloody defeatist! Most letterheads are pretty much
as you are trying to create, and the problem is eminently solvable.

"Tom Leylan" wrote in message
Some progress but I still think it ultimately isn't going to work quite

like
I'd hoped.

I filled out the image to so the logo appears in the corner of the image.
Prior to that I had cut away most of the white space. And by doing this I
can make the image a watermark. And that of course acts like a separate
layer and it can't be accidentally deleted.

Couple of small problems with it however. The watermark for no great

reason
I don't think obeys the margins. This means the watermark image cannot
extend further out on a page than the area available for typing. That's a
bit odd because I can print the image very close to the edge but I surely
don't want my paragraphs wrapped at that spot.

The second problem is as I suspected, the watermark will appear on every
page and there appears to be no option to make it print on the first page
only. So close yet so far. I often wish the tools didn't try so hard to

be
so smart sometimes.

If anybody has any other suggestions I'd appreciate it. Especially "I've
been trying to do this for months" in which case I'd know I should give up
:-)

Thanks