Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bressler bressler is offline

Default How can I record a voice comment in word 2007?

I can access the Sound Recorder via the Start menu, so yes, it's available.

I have added the "insert voice" command to the QAT. However, when I
highlight text to insert the sound, I am prompted to create a package from a
file. No sound recorder. Very frustrating.

I'm using Office 2007 and Windows Vista.

Thanks,

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Bressler,

Are you referring to having added the 'Voice Comment' command to the quick access toolbar in Word 2007 (it's not a command included
in the ribbon by default)?
(Office files button=Word Options=Customize=Commands not in ribbon=
Voice Comment )

If the Windows Sound Recorder is available in Windows XP or in Windows Vista you should be getting the 'Sound Object' as a popup.

"bressler" wrote in message ...
When I select the insert voice command from the ribbon, I am prompted to
"create package" from a file.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP