Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default how do i formatt a floppy disk?

Do they still sell them?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You are probably right, but nevertheless most floppies in my part of the
worlds are supplied unformatted.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I think it's unlikely that the disk actually needs to be formatted,
as I think they all come preformatted nowadays. If Caroline is
getting the typical message that says that the disk needs to be
formatted, that's just Word's usual balk at saving to a floppy.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
While echoing all Charles has said about the wisdom of using floppy
discs with Word, to format a new disc select it in My Computer,
right click and format. Make sure you select the correct drive
number (usually A You don't want to format your hard drive by
mistake!

Caroline wrote:
im having trouble saving my work to disk. its brand a new disk and
ive tried changing the little black slidey thing and still nothing.
please help, what do i do?