Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DPurplRose

Default protecting a merge document

Sorry to but in, but if I use a template, can I still use the mail merge with
it? We have a database of almost 200 records that we still use frequently.
We insert the record, and print the document. Will that work with a template
the same way?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

This is one, of many, reason to base new documents on templates rather than
on old documents. When a new document is created based on a template,
changes typed into the new document do not change the template.

For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Parkateer" wrote in message
I have a couple of generic letters that I send out. Recently other
coworkers
have also been sending out the letters but they tend to mess up the
document
by adding in extra spaces or hitting "enter" which adds extra lines. Is
there
a way to lock (like in Excel) the text of the letter but still alow access
the merge contents so my fellow coworkers can use the document and I do
not
have to worry that they will ruin the letter? Thanks