Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Including Endnote references in book Index

I knew that the Index should come after the endnotes but word just would
not let me .... Thanks for the link that shows me how to do it.

Jeff Malka

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
The endnotes should definitely appear before the index (this is
conventional); to achieve this, see the instructions in
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...TextAfterNotes.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 in Windows XP.

I am able to mark (Alt-Shift-X) certain words in a book's endnotes as
entries to be appear in the book's index. However, I noticed that
updating the index (F9) does not make these endnote index entries
appear in the resulting index. This might be because the index
field in my document is located at the end of the document but
before where the endnotes begin.

Is it possible to place the index after rather than before where the
endnotes begin and would that make endnote entries appear in the
resulting updated index? Is there another way to make them appear in
the index?

Thank you.

Jeff