Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Line numbering on the right

There used to be a Legal Pleading template included with Word; that template
has an example of the principles involved. See if the template is still
available for download from the Templates section at Office online
(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...L100632981033).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
You would have to use fixed line spacing for all text, and any spacing
before or after would have to be an integer multiple of the line spacing
value... You may not find it worth the effort.

Another possibility might be enabling a right-to-left language, but I
haven't tried that. Assuming that it actually works, there may be
side-effects that, again, make it not worth the effort.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"samhdc" wrote in message
Thanks very much for your reply! Is that really the only way? I can see
problems with spacing--the document has numerous levels of headings, so
the
spacing for the text after a heading would not necessarily match up with
the
lines of a vertical text box that has evenly spaced numbers in a column.
The
document is large, so hand-tailoring each page would not be an option for
us.
We can ask the client how people have done it before (or IF they have
done
it before), but I was hoping we could figure it out on our own if
possible...