Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Shelley

Default Beginners guide to mail merge for labels?

Hi there,

I wonder if somebody could help me please?

I have a need to print address labels and I have been told mail merge will
be the way to go.

I have looked at the Help file in Office/Word 20003 but I am more confused
than ever.

Can some kind soul point me in the right direction for an 'idiots' guide to
mail merge for absolute beginners' please? ;^)

I want to maintain a list of customers with addresses etc. and then be able
to print address labels singly, a sheet at a time of different addresses or
automagically enter their address details at the top of a letter for a
mailshot making it look like it has been 'personalised' for them.

I currently type the details into each address label longhand or cut & paste
but there has to be an easier way!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Shelley=-