Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Slow Learner

Default Document Recovery mode

Open file named repaired (last one I worked on) and it opens in docuemnt
recover mode. Errors shows as: Internal data integrity (type4) 1 and Styles
1.
As well in print layout view I am getting 2 pages not one. How do I change
this?
Thanks Suzanne it really is frustrating when you can not figure out what is
happening to something that took so long to create in the first place. I
would hate to have to start again but need this to be a stable document as it
is a manual and will have to undergo revisions from time to time and if I
have this fight each time I revise it will drive me even crazier.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you perhaps open the document using the "Recover Text from Any File"
setting? As for the creation of .tmp files, this is normal; they will be
deleted when you close the file. You don't even see them unless you are
viewing All Files in Word's File Open dialog.

"Slow Learner" wrote in message
I have a 66 page document that contains a 3 column table of data that has
been scanned into Word2002.
I formatted the tables after scanning (each page scanned created a table)

fit on the page (row height, width etc.) so that each table is the same.

also removed all paragraph markers within the cells of the tables and

between
the tables.
I saved then printed, proofed and saved the document.
I opened the supposed 66 page document and found that the formatting was

all
gone within the tables and the document was now 50 some pages! in length.
I began going through the document and reformatting using the print

version
as a guide (no longer have the figures for making the rows-columns line

up)
and looked at the directory where I was saving it to only to see that

there
are ~*.tmp files being created (I noticed these there when I looked after
opening a 55 page document but deleted them) Now they are coming back a

new
one each change I make to this document.
Why would this happen in the first place? Is the document toast and

should
I simply start again?