Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Leon,

Table formatting is mainly for the 'look'
of a table rather than for sizing it.

Using Table=Insert=Table you can specify
characteristics to be 'remembered' for future
tables including column widths, but the closest
you may be able to use there would the 'fit to window'
setting and have a work area (margin to margin) of
17cm in width.

You could store a default table as an Autotext entry
that can be pulled up and inserted or use a macro to
size the table.

========
"Leon" wrote in message ...
I am creating a template in Word 2003.
When the user Inserts a table, using this new template,
I want the width always set at a specific width, say 17cm.
I have used the 'Table Proffessional' style for the formatting / look,
but I am not able to set the width there!
Any suggestions?
Many thanks so long:-)
--
Let us know if this helped you,