Hernan

Thank you for replying.

All this is over my head for the moment, so I have to educate myself in the
ways of WORD a bit more.

Thanks again.

Hernan V.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?SGVybmFu?=,

I have a document which has several fields, probably was used for mail merge,
but I need to use insingle instances, sporadicaly.

A couple of questions...

One field is for a social security number, and I would like to know, if
there is a way to have the field set to enter the number and upon pressing
the enter key, have it put the dashes in the social security number.

Then I have two date fields, the first one has a DATE code and the other is
blank but a date has to be entered manually there, and is a date one week
later from the first field. Is there a way to do this automatically?

Are you considering using FORM fields, then, and protecting the document as a
form?

For the first, you'd likely need a macro that would execute "On Exit".

For the second, you should be able to do this using this tool
http://www.chriswoodman.co.uk/Delayed%20Dates.htm

You'd need to subsitute a REF field referring to the Date form field bookmark
for the "seed" value of the date being used in the calculation, after you've
inserted the nested field set the tool creates.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)