svdh

Default mailmerging multiple tables from access in one word-document: how?

I have been looking at a problem the entire week in access, I have still not
been able to find a solution. Hope that you could maybe tell where to look

Concerns the link between Access and Word. I can not transfer a report to
word without losing out on the lay-out (RTF format). I understand that there
is no way out

ok, mail merge I thought. But here I have the problem that I need to merge
multiple tables and that I can just include one in the mailmerge within word.
A query would seem likely but there I have a problem. I have one master table
containing personal information on staff and 8 subtables around the master
table with specifying language, workexp, education for each person. The
number of entries in the subtables varies per person.

In case I use a query to combine all these tables I get # x # x # x # x# (9
times) number of records an extreme number of records for each person.

An example: person A
knows 8 languages
has 3 educational references
10 publications
took 8 courses in his career

This would already result in 1 X 8 X 10 X 8 = 640 records

Do I miss a certain function with queries or how can I work this out? I can
not imagine that it is not possible

Thanks and wishing you a good day

Stefan van den Hark
The Netherlands