Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I format a word document to make two sided note cards?

See the article "Duplex Merge Data for Postcards" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/duplex_merge_data.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"dustin" wrote in message
Hi,

I was wondering how I go about formatting a word 2007 document to make
printable 2 sided note cards (flash cards). I have a 2 column data table
with 800+ entries. In the left column of my data table I have a disease
and
in the right column i have descriptions of the diseases (I'm in medical
school and need to make flash cards of my high yield notes for a huge test
have coming up). I have this two column table in a word document and in
an
excel document, so whichever program lends itself to the simplest solution
is
fine with me. What I was wanting to do is figure out a way to format a
word
document so that one 8.5" X 11" page would have 8 (4.25" X 2.75") cards
per
page. The problem I'm encountering is that there are too many fields to
simply cut and paste in the order I need them to be in so that the disease
on
the left corresponds with the finding on the right column when I got to
print
it as a two sided document becuase it prints as the same orientation
(L--R)
on the front and the back. This screws up the pairing of my columns
because
the back side prints them on the opposite side i need them to be on. I
tried
using the mail merge application, but I'm new to it and couldn't figure
out
how to get it to let me show it what I wanted it to do for more than 1
page.
Is there a way for me to use my two column table and get my notecards to
line
up right when it comes time to printing the left column on the front and
printing the right column on the back? I think if I could get the mail
merger to fill from the right side of the page to the left side of the
page
instead of from the left to the right I could just make two seperate
documents. One document with column A mail merged using the label
feature,
another document with column B mail merged using the label feature and
then
print the first document flip it over and reenter the same paper in the
printer. If anyone knows how to make this magic work I would be greatly
indebted. If this explination is not good enough just email me and I will
explain further.

thanks a bunch