Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Merge with Access Query

It's Word Tools|Option|General, not Access Tools|Options...

Peter Jamieson

"rsw" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the post.
However I don't see that option under toolsOptionsGeneral or anywhere
else in Tools and options.
I will keep looking.
Thanks again.
rsw

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
It may be caused by the way in which some of the users are connecting to
the
data source. That can be controlled by checking the box against "Confirm
conversions at open" under ToolsOptionsGeneral.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"rsw" wrote in message
oups.com...
I hope that I can explain this correctly.
I have an Access XP Database the back end is in SQL.
On Form 1 we have users enter claim information including claim number
and then click a "Loss Notice" button that opens Form 2. There we have

them enter the claim number again (same number). They fill in the
additional information needed for the claim. Then we have them click
on a button that opens a Word Merge file. In the query we use for that

form we tell it to use the data that is on Form 2 in the claim number
field. Therefore, when it pulls into word it should just pull in the
info for the claim number that we are on.

The users have reported that occasionally (not always) they will get an

Enter Parameter Value box asking for the claim number from the form.
They type the claim number and all is fine.

In all the testing I have done I have NEVER got the Parameter box.
Does anyone have an idea as to why they are getting this box
occasionally? I also asked if they saw a pattern but they have not.

I am told that Word does not handle merge's with queries very well - is
this the case? Do you have any idea how I can get the parameter box to
not come up when connecting to Access.

ANY help would be great!