Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

Default Word should not create temporary files while I am editing anydocu

We wouldn't have multiple Undos, either, without temp files, I think.

On 11/17/05 10:36 AM, "Anne Troy" wrote:

You could stop viewing hidden and system files. However, if they get rid of
the temporary files thing, I might just shoot myself 'cause then if my
machine crashes, my REAL file will be lost instead of my temp one...
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"bharteesh" wrote in message
I really dont like the concept used by MS Word in creating temporary files
while I am editing any document. When I am editing the document located on
my
desktop, there are a bunch of temporary files created on my desktop.
Almost
half of my desktop is filled with these temporary files. I really want to
get
rid of this.

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...d=b7ac0fee-64a
3-4313-8916-b78c29d0c497&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagemen t