Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
simonsur simonsur is offline

Default insertion point

"p0" wrote:

On 2 jan, 17:42, simonsur wrote:
Yes!
i am using the laptop, but i have been with this one for years, and the
problem occured just yesterday. i am trying to avoid the touchpad.. do you
know of any other way of making it less sensitive?
many thanks
simon

"p0" wrote:
On 2 jan, 14:26, simonsur wrote:
my insertion point has a life of its own - usually jumps backwards to some
place in the text, so i ahve to find it and clck back to where i have been
typing

Are you by any chance using a laptop with a mousepad which is a bit
sensitive? Accidently touching it might make your cursor jump in all
kinds of directions.

Yves

The sensitivity of a touchpad can often be set somewhere in the
setting screen. On my Dell XPS laptop, I can find it under mouse where
I can click on the first tab and a new window opens with all settings
such as touchpad speed, touch sensitivity, ... But it changes from
manufacturer to manufacturer.

Yves

Thanks a lot! i know what to do - looks like my synaptic pad touch driver is
not installed. i have just turned off the touch pad for time being and will
install the driver later.
thanks, your tip very helpful - i was stuck.
simon