Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do I get the outline around my labels to show?

Your co-worker is wrong. You don't have to do anything to the document.

There are two separate "gridline" things in Word 2007, and you just picked
the wrong one. Instead of the checkbox on the View ribbon, you want the View
Gridlines button on the Table Tools Layout ribbon (which appears only when
the cursor is inside a table -- and the labels are in a table).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Teresa wrote:
I am also looking to have the label outlines show on the screen when
I open my previously saved labels (created before I "upgraded" to
Vista and Office 07).

I tried your "Gridlines" option listed above, it did nothing to the
document one the screen, but when I opened a new document I had the
graph paper like gridlines on the screen.

I am running Vista with Microsoft Office Word 2007. A co-worker says
I will need to re-create all the label documents I have - please say
it aint so.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Table | Show Gridlines.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Tina" wrote in message

"eyes0pen" wrote:

Until recently when I created a new document of labels the
individual labels were visible. Now when I want to create a page
of labels, I have to guess where each label starts and finishes as
the label outline is no longer visible. How do I get it back
again?