Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Tables and Q&A Numbering

Is there some reason you really need a table? Why not just ordinary numbered
paragraphs with a hanging indent? See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA.htm (Word 2003 and earlier) or
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA2007.htm, as appropriate, for more
on setting up the required styles, to which numbering could easily be added.

http://word.mvps.org

"Justlearning" wrote in message
I have someone who wants a numbered Q&A dialogue typed into a Word table
with
two columns. One column will have the numbers and one column will have
the
dialogue.

How can I get the Q&A number section to be in a column separate from the
dialogue?

Example:

Q1: This is the question?
A1: This is the answer.

Q2: Second question asked?
A2: Second question answered.

Right now I'm using two styles to automate the above numbering, but I
can't
get the table side working right. Every time I try to add a table the
numbering is inside the cell with the dialogue.