Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nat Nat is offline

Default Bullet List

OK thanks, but when referring to modifying the List number style are we
referring to modifying the "List Paragraph" quick style, or instead are we
just modifying one of the existing numbering formats that are showed in the
numbering library?

Thanks again,

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Whether you modify the List Number style or create a new style, you'll still
have to do it again in every new document unless you save the changes to the
template, so it's six of one and half a dozen of another. I prefer to use
the built-in styles when possible just to avoid proliferation of styles.

"Nat" wrote in message
What is the benefit of that versus just creating a new style? Wouldn't
the
user just have to modify the list number style everytime? Sorry, but not
big power user here..

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can apply the List Number style instead, and then modify it to
include
the ¶ symbol.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nat" wrote:

Stefan,

Thanks for the quick reply but that is not exactly what I was thinking.
When I typed in bullet list, what I really meant was a new "numbering
format". The user wants to create a numbering format with a ¶ symbol,
followed by a number (without a period) and then a tab to where the
text
begins. If we try to adjust the line indents it only works for the 1st
row.
She also does not want to have to adjust every time. She also wants to
set
the margins a specific way. She claims she could do this in prior
versions of
Word. Is this something that needs to be done via creation of a new
style or
are we missing something here??

Thanks a lot,

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Create a bulleted style, or modify the built-in List Bullet style to
suit
your needs.

If you make use of the built-in List Bullet style, note that there is
keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+L) that applies it to text.

To set the indents for a bulleted style, just apply it to text,
right-click
a bulleted item and choose Adjust List Indents from the context menu.
When
you are done, click OK. Then right-click again and choose to Update
style
name to Match Selection.

To transfer the settings to the attached template, right-click the
style in
the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S) and choose Modify. Click the "New
documents based on this template" option and then click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nat" wrote in message
If someone wants to create a new bullet list or set the default
bullet
list
in Word 07 that starts with a ¶ followed by a number and then tabs
over to
where the text starts, how does one do that? Does that get set at
teh
bullet
level or the paragraph level, or do they simply have to create a
custom
style?

Thanks in advance,