Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Default How to add text to a scannned document form.

The form was scanned as an image, so what you actually have is a 'picture' of
the form. One approach is to cut & paste the picture to the Header/Footer
layer of the doc. Then, in the document layer, use the Text Box tool (Drawing
Toolbar) to create text boxes where you want to type info.

You'll probably want to format the text boxes for No Line, No Fill, & Text
Wrapping to In Front of Text.

BTW - In order to simply scan a form & be able to type directly into the
resulting document requires special scanning software.

HTH |:)

"K4CYC" wrote:

I have scanned a document form that needs to be filled out. Now that it is
scanned into MS Word and saved as a .doc or .rtf how can I set it up to be
able to type information on the lines in the form. All I can do so far is
move it around with the directional arrows. Typing on the keyboard does
nothing.