Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Daiya Mitchell

Default Unusual formatting when using URL

Do you have it justified? It kinda looks like a printer trying to stretch
out an unnaturally short line (unnaturally short because the URL has to
begin on its own line because it doesn't have any spaces to break).

Click ¶ on the standard toolbar and you will see a little dot for each
space--use to make sure there aren't actually 2 spaces between words.

Shouldn't such a URL be in a bibliography rather than in the body of the
thesis, and the body just use a parenthetical citation of (Connolly 2005) or
something? But I use footnotes, anyhow, so I don't know.

On 1/23/06 9:12 PM, "moldy" wrote:

Need some help please.
Finishing my thesis and having trouble formatting. Whenever I use a url in
the body of the paragraph copy (Arial font, 12pt, double space) i get double
spacing between words. Looks something like this

Connolly, Rohan, 2005, Back to basics, at
http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/a...321904156.html on
27-6-2005.

Help please.

Cheeers