Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Selecting a particular column

Use Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C, then go to Excel and with a single cell selected use
Ctrl+V. You will then have the numbers in two columns in Excel and you can
then just delete the second column.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Vishwas Upadhyaya" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a word file in which the data have been entered in two columns
without the table being created. A tab seperates the two columns in
every line of the data as shown below:

4.223391 244.140625
4.149764 488.281250
4.204984 488.281250
4.315426 244.140625
4.333833 244.140625

This data table actually has more than few thousands of lines. I need
to select only the first column and copy it to another notepad file or
excel or another word file. Can anybody help me doing this? I dont
care if the second column gets deleted completly.

Regards,
Vishwas