Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How do I get a word count on an article I just completed?

Why do this when you can display the word count on the status bar just by
right-clicking on the status bar and selecting it?

http://word.mvps.org

"IDS" wrote in message
Assuming Word 2007

Go to the customize Quick Access toolbar by using the keyboard
shortcut
ALT F I C
"Choose commands from" dropdown select "All Commands"
Type "X" gets you closer.
Scroll up to "Word Count"
Highlight and click "Add".
Click "OK"
At the top of screen you will have a button that you can press.

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:30:01 -0800, SunflowerJean
wrote:

I am submitting an article for publication and need to let them know how
many
words are in this article. I have been trying to figure this out on my
own
(new computer) to no avail. Help, please!