Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Paul Paul is offline

Default error messages when connecting to an MS Access query

I'm attempting to create a Mail Merge document using a Select query in MS
Access 2003, and I get error messages saying things like "Word was unable to
open the data source" or "Record 1 contained too few data fields." The
thing that puzzles me about this, however, is that I have no problem
connecting to a table in the same Access database. The problem only occurs
when I try to connect to a query.

Because of the data I need to merge into my document, however, I need to use
a query. Is there something I need to do when I'm trying to merge with data
in an Access query so that I can avoid these problems?

Thanks in advance,

Paul