Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Double-Click Copy/Paste in Word

It's the second item under Word Options Advanced (Automatically
select entire word). Also uncheck the two "smart" items a few lines
below.

On May 21, 4:43*am, Brian .(donotspam) wrote:
Thank you for your reply. Im using Word 2007. I found 'Word Options'
Advanced Cut, copy, and paste ... but I still cant figure out how to make
Copy stop picking up the spaces. Any further sugguestion?
--
Brian
Kansas City

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
You don't say which version of Word you're using, but somewhere in the
Options you'll find one for "Smart Selection" or something like that.
Uncheck it. It's the default, but it's useless.

On May 20, 9:06 pm, Brian .(donotspam) wrote:
For years Ive been using Lotus Word Pro, and when I double-click on a word it
is highlighted for copy/paste functions. But now that Im switching to MS
Word, when I double-click on a word, not only is the word highlighted, but
also the spaces following the word. When I then copy/paste such a 'password'
etc, the pasted word is not accepted, because the spaces are included.. This
seems like a big hassle to me, to have to carefully drag the highlighting
across the word to be sure no spaces are included. Is there anything I can do
about it?