TF

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"wmfoster" wrote in message
: Thanks for your response. Actually, the problem I'm having is that every
: time I open a new document, the column format is for three columns and a
: collumn width of 6 inches. The result is that when I get to the end of
the
: first page, I go on typing and nothing appears on the screen. If I go to
the
: "Format" menu and select "Columns" and then set the number of columns to
1,
: then the phantom pages appear. What I don't understand is why the
"default"
: new document is set up so strangely and how to change that. I am sure
that I
: did something to cause this condition and I can't figure out how to undo
: this.
:
: wmfoster
: Washington, DC
:
:
: "Pat Garard" wrote:
:
: G'Day wmfoster,
:
: What you have done is to create a document on a "large"
: piece of paper, complete with all of it's "settings for the left
: and right margins, column.......etc".
:
: When you try to make the paper smaller, the document
: won't fit and Word refuses to say that it will.
:
: EITHER
: Go through the document and reduce "settings......." until
: Word will permit the paper size change,
: OR
: Create a New empty document with the correct page
: size and so on. Select All the text in the existing document,
: Copy it and Paste it into the New document.
: --
: Regards,
: Pat Garard
: Melbourne, Australia
: _______________________
:
: "wmfoster" wrote in message
: news : I am having trouble changing the page size of a Word document. When I
try
: select 4 x 6, I get a message from the "Office Assistant", "Settings
you
: chose for the left and right margins, column spacing or paragraph
indnts
: are
: too large for the page width in some sections." And it won't let me
choose
: that page size.
:
: