Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chris

Default Locking Numbered list?

Hi All

I have a long and complicated document which doesn't appear to like my
attempts to create another numbered list, and in any case, it needs to
be in the format: 10, 20, 30 which I don't appear to be able to do (at
least, I'm assuming, without cutting some code). So I'm currently
using a combination of numbered lists for the levels above (ie A, A1)
and then running an autotext which gives me my 10, 20, 30 list which I
can then click and overtype.

Problem is it's taking way too long. I want to be able to paste the
existing sentences in and apply the 10, 20, 30 numbering scheme but
cannot work out how.

Perhaps there is a way I can do this in a separate doc, lock it (as in
locking fields - Ctrl,Shift,F9) then paste it in, locked.

Just to recap, this is the list I am needing to somehow replicate:
A Heading
A1 Subheading
10 List item
20 List item
A2 Subheading
B Heading
B1 Subheading
10 List item

Please note that the last level of the list goes from 10 up to around
190 or so.

In any case I appreciate all ideas you may have, once again.

--
chris