Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Default Office 2003 Linking

Where are the Word and Excel files located--on a network drive or the user's
hard drive? Are the links set up by the original users pointing to the
correct drive/folder (one accessible by both users)? Can the second user
"Change source" and get the links to work? Are the users using the same
templates? These are a few things that might affect the linking
functionality.

"Admintax8er" wrote:

We are currently experiencing problems with the linking functionality
between Excel and Word 2003. I have defined a range in Excel, then
copied the range. I paste special the copied range into Word using the
"paste link" option and select Microsoft Office Excel for the type.
The problem arising when a user on another computer opens the 2 files,
the links are not longer valid. They have NA instead of Auto in the
Update column.

On occasion, if the user removes the normal file for Word and the same
for Excel, the links reappear.

Please help.