Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default HELP- I can't edit the pfd that was converted to word

If your converted document is editable then the 'boxes' will be frames.

This has nothing to do with the Word version. PDF files are graphical
representations of the document. They are not intended to be edited. Using
Acrobat to create editable documents from PDF files often produces such a
dog's breakfast. You can remove the frames, but it will screw up the layout.

Your best bet, if you don't have access to the original document in editable
form is to use OCR software either on the original printed document or on
the PDF. Finereader should so the job.

Windy Rain wrote:
Is there anyway to get the document I scanned and copied as a pdf
that was converted into word to not have boxes. Everything is boxed
and this doesn't allow me to simply make changes. When I make changes
it changes other places and soon stuff farther down the page is on
top of the stuff I'm trying to edit.

VERY frustrating- not like my old word program.
I want to get rid of the boxes and just edit.

Is there any way to do this?