Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James James is offline

Default can I create sound files in word 2007

Does anyone know what to do in Windows 7? I have the voice commnent button
in the toolbar and clicking on it askes me to create package and it looking
for a file name. What do I enter?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Welshman,

If you're in Windows Vista the Windows Sound recorder uses Windows Media Audio (.WMA) files rather than .WAV files.

You can add the Sound recorder to the Quick Access Toolbar from
Office Button=Word Options=Customize=All commands category
by choosing the 'Voice Comment' command.

==========
"welshman" wrote in message ...
How can I create sound files in 2007 word documents. I teach school and
when in school and using Word 2003 all I had to do was InsertObjectCreate
file[tab] then select Wav file. Connect a microphone and record the spoken
message using the simple record,stop, and save facilities. In Word 2007 this
facility [the wav file]appears to be absent OR I cannot find it!!!!
I thought I'd be able to find a way to do it under Insert but haven't been
able to figure it out. Thanks.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP