Robert

Greetings--
Try using a special phonetic font. You'll find all details and free fonts
at http://www2.arts.gla.ac.uk/IPA/ipafonts.html
--
Cheers
Robert

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:27:19 -0800, Thomas Payne wrote:

I have just spent a very frustrating day trying to make Arial Unicode MS
work properly.

I have a doc of 871 pages, with lots of linguistic examples from

languages
that require special characters. I am supposed to submit this doc to a
publisher by Dec. 10, and I have to use a Unicode font for the linguistic
examples. The problem is certain Unicode characters always seem to have

big
spaces following them, like this:
wë runkam? n
There is not supposed to be a space after ë or ?. Please tell me how to

fix
this. I have downloaded a couple other Unicode fonts, and they all do

this,
so I think it must be something in Word. I don't want to condense just

those
characters, because I have no idea what the publisher's word processor

will
do with the special formatting (they have warned me not to include nonce
formatting just for appearance sake). Please help!
Tom