Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Default Forms, protect and unprotect, text disappear

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...lfResetOff.htm

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." For more
about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Jane Ugilt" wrote in message
I have a problem with forms when protecting and unprotecting the document.
The document with the form is protected (with a password for forms). The
employees have to fill in some of the fields (made with the text form
field).
An other person has to open and unprotect the document in order to fill in
some other fields (not text form fields) and protect the document again.
During that process all the data disappear. How can I solve that problem?
The
mentioned document is made and operated in Office 2000 SR-1 professional.
I had a similar problem in Office XP but here noticed that the text only
disappeared when the document was protected and unprotected by using
Tools,
protect document. If I did the same by using the Forms toolbar and the
protect and unprotect icon the text did not disappear.