Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I sum a column in a table in Word 2007?

I thought you were Rick?

Rick@#$*! wrote:
Thanks Summer and Rick both helpful replies.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Or with the cursor in the cell where you want the calculation,
Insert Quick Parts Field = (Formula field) and again
=Sum(Above) will be the default.
Note that with 'Summer's' method, the cursor has to be in the table
for the layout tab to appear on the ribbon.

Summer wrote:
If you have a column row with figures tab to next row and move to
column you wish to Sum (there should already be at least one amount
say "10" in the Sum column.

Press Insert Layout Formula (end of ribbon) {= SUM(ABOVE } will
appear Press ALT F9 to toggle this code view.

Hope this helps.

"Rick@#$*!" wrote in message
How do I sum a column in a table in Word 2007? New-fangled version
is toooo
complicated....