Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LindaC LindaC is offline

Default Page Numbering in Locked Template

I have got the number of pages working now, but the first page of the
document is not to have numbering on it and it doesn't. So this is working.
The problem is that if this first page which does not have numbering on it
(company only page) and information is put in which expands this first
company only page to 2 pages, it is putting the page number which is not
correct. Is there a way of suppressing from putting a page number on the
first page, and if it expands to a second page, that the page numbering will
start on technicall the 3rd page or the page that needs page numbering?
Thanks.

"LindaC" wrote:

I have a word locked template form which I have inserted the page numbering.
When someone is completing the form and they have a lot of information the
document goes from 3 pages to 4 pages, yet the page numbering on the last
page will not change. It is page x of y field but the last page still reads
4 of 3. Please help, thanks.