Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
john cappello john cappello is offline

Default Missing Bottom Border

I am having the exact same problem described in this thread. I noticed that this thread is from 2008. Do you know of any resolution? I too have tried all of the "suggestions."
Thank you.
John

Nanla wrote:

Missing Bottom Border
13-Nov-08

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Thanks again for a timely response. I found the PAGE SETUP with your help. I
moved the measurements for the bottom margin up & down to no avail. The
border shows up nicely until you attempt to print or look at print preview.
One suggestion sent to my by Mr. Freedman was to move all the margins to "0"
& then attempt to print. His instructions further explain that the WORD
system will alert me that the border is outside the printing area. He said to
accept the offer of WORD to "fix" this problem & the resulting margins would
allow all borders to print. This also did not work. I did this & WORD did
offer to "fix" but the border remains missing. I have also moved the numbers
while in the OPTIONS area of the border selection & this does not allow the
bottom border to print either. I know there must be a simple solution to this
strange phenomenon, please help me find it. THANKS!

On Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:56 PM
Nanla wrote:

Missing Bottom Border
Office 2007. When composing a document & adding a border my initial screen
shows the border completely intact. When you go to "print preview" or
actually "print" no bottom border shows. I have moved the margins, I have
changed the options on the border selection page. I have moved the margin
from "edge of page" to "text" & nothing I have done will show force the
border I've selected to print or show up in print preview. What is wrong????
Where is my bottom border???? Thanks for you time!

On Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:49 PM
Jay Freedman wrote:

Missing Bottom Border
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:56:02 -0800, Nanlan
wrote:

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:37 PM
Nanla wrote:

Missing Bottom Border
"Jay Freedman" wrote:

MR JAY FREEDMAN,
Thank you for your prompt response to my question concerning the bottom
border not printing & not showing up at all in "print preview".
Unfortunately the suggestions you gave me did not correct this problem. I
have a new Toshiba Laptop (Vista & Office 2007) & a new Lexmark 4 in 1
printer. I tell you this to affirm that I do have "modern" equipment. There
is no "page set up" as described in your email. In the older versions of
Office there was but not in this version. The solutions you described would
work in an older version. I spent over 2 hours on the phone today with
Lexmark Technical Support discussing this difficulty. They believe this is a
glitch that needs to be addressed by Microsoft. Do you have any further
suggestions????

On Thursday, November 13, 2008 8:27 AM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

There is a Page Setup in Word 2007.
There is a Page Setup in Word 2007. It is accessed via Page Layout | Page
Setup dialog launcher. But the more critical setting will be in the
Borders and Shading dialog (changing the Page Border setting from "Edge of
page" to "Text"), and that is found at Page Layout | Page Borders | Options.
If you have changed this setting without improvement, then either your
bottom margin is still too small or you have the page border surrounding the
header and footer. Surrounding the footer will almost always result in the
page border being in the unprintable area.

"Nanlan" wrote in message

On Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:38 PM
Nanla wrote:

"Suzanne S.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Thank you for your quick response to my "missing border problem". I did as
you suggested & opened "Page Layout". On my Word 2007 the selections from
that area a margins, orientations, size, columns, breaks, line numbers, &
hyphenation. There is no "PAGE SETUP" selection nor "DIALOG LAUNCHER". I
have worked in the "Borders & Shading" options area & changed the setting
from"EDGE OF PAGE" to "EDGE OF TEXT" ...... this has no impact on making that
elusive border appear. This was also one of the suggestions by the Lexmark
Technical Support personnel I spoke with a great length yesterday. I gave
them permission to "sign on" to my system & let them play with this too. They
were in the final analysis unable to "fix" this. I have moved the bottom
margin to a variety of different measurements but to no avail. I am
completely mystified by this annoying difficulty. Would you consider phoning
me & helping me work on this as we speak???? Thanks for your help & let me
know if you can think of further remedies.

On Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:53 PM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

On the Page Layout tab, there is a Page Setup group.
On the Page Layout tab, there is a Page Setup group. The dialog launcher is
the small arrow in the bottom right corner of that group. It opens the
traditional Page Setup dialog.

"Nanlan" wrote in message

On Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:04 PM
Nanla wrote:

Missing Bottom Border
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

On Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:55 PM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

If you have set the border to "From text" and have set the bottom margin to a
If you have set the border to "From text" and have set the bottom margin to
a setting that is equivalent to the unprintable area required *plus* the 31
points (or less) added for the bottom border, and especially if the border
is displayed in Print Preview (not just Print Layout view), then I don't
know what else to suggest. Print Preview (again, I emphasize *not* just
Print Layout view) should accurately represent what the currently active
printer is capable of printing.

"Nanlan" wrote in message

BizTalk Repeating Structures Table Looping and Table Extract
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...g-structu.aspx