WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Watermark moves with margins

Hi Jan Bart,

I understand that you want to lock the position of a watermark in Microsoft Word so that it stays in the same place even if you change the margins. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Insert your watermark by going to the "Design" tab and clicking on "Watermark" in the "Page Background" group.
  2. Choose the watermark you want to use and insert it into your document.
  3. Right-click on the watermark and select "Format Picture" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Format Picture" pane, click on the "Layout & Properties" tab.
  5. Under the "Properties" section, check the box next to "Lock anchor."
  6. Click on the "Advanced" button next to "Lock anchor" and select "Don't move object" from the drop-down menu.
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Advanced Layout" dialog box.
  8. Click "Close" to close the "Format Picture" pane.

Now your watermark is locked in place and won't move if you change the margins. If you need to move the watermark, you can unlock it by following the same steps and unchecking the "Lock anchor" box.