CyberTaz

Default How do I remove the read only attribute from a word 2003 web

Am not that familiar with IIS, but I believe Don is on the right track.

Regards |:)

"Mark" wrote:

Cyber Taz,
The attributes are indeed set to Read Only. As soon as I change them they go
right back to Read Only. I got on my IIS server and checked the attributes on
the Inetpub folder it is set Read Only. Do you know if this is done
automagically by Microsoft as part of the IIS 6.0 installation. I do not
recall setting this folder to Read Only. I hesitate to change it without know
why iit is that way.
Thanks,
Mark

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Hi Mark-

Quite possibly the file attribs have been set to Read Only. Rather than
trying to open the files, navigate to the folder, right-click one and choose
Properties. If there is a check in the Read Only box, remove it.

If that proves to be the case, you can back up one level, right-click the
folder & remove the attrib for all files in it at once.

If Read Only had been applied using Word you would probably remember being
prompted to use a password and would be prompted for that password when
trying to open the file, along with an option to open for editing _or_ as
Read Only. If you didn't set a Password to Modify you would only have been
able to check the box for Read Only Recommended, which would generate a
prompt on opening but not prevent editing the file & saving changes once
opened.

Regards |:)

"Mark" wrote:

I have created several documents as web pages and saved them to an IIS 6.0
server. I now need to edit the documents and they are set as read only. I
have full permissions to the documents on the web site but can't edit due to
the read only restriction. I think I may have accidentaly set somrthing in
Word 2003 but can't remember what or where it is. Any help greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark