Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
doublew doublew is offline

Default Adjust column widths in tables

I am dragging the column borders

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you adjusting the width by dragging a column border or the ruler markers
or by changing the dimension in the Table Properties dialog.

"doublew" wrote in message
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I tried both of those and I'm still
having the same problems. When I try to make a column smaller, it

actually
gets bigger. Does anyone know what the problem is? It's driving me nuts!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It can be difficult to adjust column width if auto resizing is enabled:
Table Properties | Table | Options and clear the check box or Table |
AutoFit | Fixed Column Width.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"doublew" wrote in message
I used to have no problems dragging my column boundaries in tables in

Word
adjust the width of the column. Now the columns are refusing to

resize,
when
I click and drag nothing happens, the column stays the same size. Is
there
some option I have inadvertently turned on or off that I don't know

about?