Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Table of Figures

As you can tell, I forgot to remove the numbers after headings 2 and 3 in
the options dialog. If I had followed my own directions, the first field
codes would have been :
{ TOC \h \z \t " Caption,1,Caption-specimen,1" }

and after changes

{ TOC \h \z \t " Caption,1,Caption-specimen,1" }

Sorry for the confusion.

Pam

Pamelia Caswell wrote:
Make your list of figures using the TOC dialog. Click options, and in the
Table of contents dialog, check the box next to "style". Then choose the
styles you want by typing "1" next to the name (Yes, we're telling Word to
use TOC 1 style. Don't worry we'll fix this later.) and by deleting the
numbers after those you do not want. OK out to generate the TOC. Select the
TOC and toggle the field codes., which should look something like this:
{ TOC \o "2-3" \h \z \t " Caption,1,Caption-specimen,1" }

Add the switch \c before the final field brace and, though it doesn't seem
strictly necessary, remove the ",1's". That switch tells Word to use the
table of figures style for all entries instead of TOC1. The field codes will
look something like this:

{ TOC \o "2-3" \h \z \t " Caption, Caption-specimen" \c }

Note that Word does not remember these setting, so you must make them each
and every time you go this through the dialogs. You can save and reuse
the field code, changing the style names as appropriate.

Pam

How do I include two (and only two) types of captions in a single table of
figures?

Please note that my document has five or six types of captions; I only want
two included in this particular table.