Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
briank briank is offline

Default TOC Formats

I have created a TOC that includes about 85 chapters (and counting). Some of
the chapters have different kinds of formatting (shading, bold font, etc...)
while others are pretty plain. I notice that all of these formatting schemes
appear in the TOC. Is there a way to have the TOC void of any of the formats
found in the document? Also, can I indent some of these TOC chapters and
have these changes update everytime I click the F9 key? I see where there is
a way to alter the TOC style but am not sure just how to proceed. TY