Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

Default Can I assign a function key to toggle the Track Changes setting?

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 18:04:38 -0500, Jay Freedman
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 12:08:51 -0800, Sesquipedalian Sam
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 11:24:03 -0800, Sesquipedalian Sam
wrote:

I was able to assign a function key to the TrackChangesOptions
command, but I couldn't find a TrackChanges or ToggleTrackChanges
command. Is there such a command?

I know I can create a macro to do it. Is there a simpler way?

I discovered a 3-key shortcut: Alt-R,G,G. This method will work for
any command on the ribbon.

I'd still prefer Alt-t, but this is workable.

The command name (a holdover from previous versions) is
ToolsRevisionMarksToggle. The default keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+E.

Found it, thanks. On my system, ToolsRevisionMarksToggle is not
assigned a shortcut and Ctrl+Shift+E is unassigned.