Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
noelpell via OfficeKB.com noelpell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default email merge using Word

Thank you for your response. I did try disabling the send/receive to see how
many would accumulate in the outbox and pretty much the same thing happens.
When I merge fewer records like 500, it seems to work fine. It could be that
Word just can't handle merging 17000 records in one shot.

Peter Jamieson wrote:
I never do e-mails in these volumes but if this happened to me the first
thing I would try is
a. disable Outlook from /sending/
b. do the merge and see if all the messages end up in the Outbox
c. re-enable Outlook sending.

How you do (a) probably depends on the verwion of Outlook but in OL2003 you
could try Tools|Options|Mail Setup Send/Receive.

I am trying to do a bulk email from Word using Outlook to send. I have
several thousand recipients. I go through the process fine but after they

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]

Any advice would be great! Thanks!