Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Can not save or save as in word 2007 HELP!

With Word (and Outlook) closed. From WindowsStartRun type Regedit in the
dialog box and press enter. The registry editor will open. In the left
window expand the tree and look for
My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Offi ce\12.0\Word\Data
Right click the word Data and select Rename. Rename it to OldData
Close the registry editor
Restart Word.

"Baron" Baron @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I can't save in Word 2007 every time I hit the save or save as button
nothing
happens. when I x out of the document it askes me if I want to save any
changes, I hit yes and still nothing. I have uninstalled office and still
nothing changes once a reinstall the programs. I have seen some salutions
like Renaming/deleting the Data key, but I don't know where to go to
delete
the key. Can someone help me and break it down Barney style....