Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How to 'freeze' mergefields so that only the values are left?

Select the document, e.g. using ctrl-A, and press ctrl-shift-F9 to "fix"
the fields. Some field types may remain. I would avoid doing the same in
headers and footers, or if you must, try to avoid "fixing" fields whose
results vary from page to page (e.g. { PAGE } fields.

Peter Jamieson
"Peter Fl. Adolph" Peter Fl. wrote in
message ...
A client has sent me a manual that contains merged data ('Mergefields'),
and
for some reason I cannot process the manual through my translation
software.
I think the problem is that the mergefields are left as coded fields in
the
Word doc.

?: Is there some easy way to 'freeze' the values that the client merged
into
the Word doc, so that only text (and thus no codes) are left?

I can manually replace all mergefields with the required text, but it will
take me a lot of time ...

Appreciate any help!
/Peter