Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
liondog liondog is offline

Default How do I set up default paragraphs in tables

But I custom make all my tables, since I don't want to be locked into any
particular style that can't be manipulated as I change my mind during the
processing. Is there any place in preferences where I can eliminate all
automatic indents (in all my documents)?
liondog

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Table styles were new in Word 2002. Word 2000 offered Table AutoFormats, and
you could select your default (favorite) one, but Word 2002 allowed you to
actually define a specific AutoFormat, which includes formatting for top and
left rows, first cell, last cell, striping, etc. But see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html

"liondog" wrote in message
Stefan;
What is "table styles"? I use tables all the time (make my own). Is this
something new in 2007? I am still struggling to find everything in the

2007
version.
liondog

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you using table styles? Note that you'll probably find it easier to
format the text of table cells by applying the appropriate *paragraph*
styles to text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"liondog" wrote in message
My text disappeares at the end of a cell within Tables. The fix is to

Paragraphs and re-set the insert to 0". For some reason it is

defaulted
an indent. I've tried hitting the DEFAULT button after resetting to

0",
but
it never "defaults." I have to reset it again and again as I work

through
the table (sometimes, but not always, I'm able to highlight a group

and
set
it to 0" and it works).

Help. I have Office 2007. Had the same problem with Office 2003.